Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Argo AI’s Lidar team is developing a disruptive sensor enabling rich point cloud range and resolution beyond what is available in the market today for autonomous vehicles. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of the embedded software integrated into our Lidar product. We’re looking for someone who has a passion and expertise in developing safe, efficient software for sensing systems.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver safe and efficient embedded software for state-of-the-art sensing systems
- Produce highly quality, maintainable code using C++
- Design, implement, and test full-stack software running in resource-constrained environments
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team of hardware and software engineers to ensure the success of our Lidar product
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong experience developing embedded applications and systems using C++
- Strong software design, algorithm, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with multi-processor SoCs (e.g., Zynq, Arria) or similar embedded processors
- Familiarity with FPGA development and related software/hardware interfaces desired
- Prefer candidates with experience developing software for highly complex, safety-critical sensing systems
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.