Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Argo AI’s Lidar team is developing a disruptive Geiger-mode lidar enabling rich point cloud range and resolution beyond what is available in the market today for autonomous vehicles. What this means for our customers is a more capable sensor which enables safer and more performant autonomous perception systems.
Our Lidar team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode products for other industries, and we are optimizing our Geiger-mode technology for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and will offer performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars. As a Software Engineer focused on lidar signal processing, you will be responsible for the analysis of signal processing algorithms used to generate range and intensity data from sparse, raw data collected from our Geiger-mode sensors. We’re looking for someone who has expertise in building, deploying, and utilizing data analysis tools in addition to applying these techniques to solve challenging signal processing problems.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, analyze, and document statistical signal processing algorithms used in our lidar systems.
- Review raw lidar data and develop statistical signal models.
- Evaluate the performance of signal processing algorithms against theoretical performance bounds, simulated and real world environment.
- Develop scalable data analysis pipelines capable of iterating over massive sets of sensor data.
- Assist in the development of sparse statistical processing algorithms to analyze raw data generated by Geiger-mode lidar systems, extracting accurate and precise metrics such as range, intensity, and other relevant data.
- Analyze reference data sets to characterize and calibrate sensor behavior against the performance of various statistical processing algorithms.
- Develop data analysis tools and automated pipelines to calculate and report summaries of lidar system behavior based on signal processing designs and parameters.
- Collaborate with Argo’s hardware and software teams to improve next generation lidar system designs based on signal processing requirements.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field.
- Solid foundation of bayesian statistics, optimization and digital signal processing.
- Experience in point cloud processing or related algorithms.
- Experience with Python 3.6+ is critical.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with lidar performance metrics like range accuracy and probability of detection.
- Experience with GmAPD detectors is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of FPGA high level synthesis is desirable but not required.
- Experience with PySpark and cloud-based (AWS, GCP) services.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.