Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
At Argo, we have autonomy teams highly focused on developing software which allows our cars to safely navigate city streets. In addition to testing this software on car, we do extensive simulation and testing in the cloud. This simulation and testing runs the gamut from analyzing algorithmic performance (is the algorithm generating the expected output), runtime performance (is the implementation running fast enough), and cloud performance (are we scaling and using cloud resources efficiently). Argo has an immediate opening for an engineer with strong software skills to work with autonomy teams to ensure they are able to fully exercise and measure the software stack.
What you’ll do:
- Interact cross functionally between the on-car autonomy teams and the cloud-based resimulation teams
- Work with autonomy teams to understand on-car processing and develop metrics and methods to characterize both algorithmic and runtime performance (via both online and offline methods)
- Collaborate with resimulation teams to ensure existing valuable logs can be easily and efficiently re-simulated in the cloud, focused on the specific areas the autonomy teams are most concerned with
- Daily work involves a mix of C++, performance/scalability analysis, Python scripting to automate analysis, and employing visualization tools
- You’ll be exposed to a large number of specialized teams, helping to provide commonality where possible
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science (or related degree) with 3+ years’ experience
- Expertise in C++17
- Experience with using Python scripting to automate execution and analyze data
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with running large workflows on a cloud platform and analyzing scalability and cost
- CPU and memory performance analysis of real time C++ applications
- Experience with containerized deployment such as Kubernetes
- Data science background, including using tools similar to Looker to query and visualize metrics
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.