Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Onboard Platforms team deals with the primary processors on Argo’s autonomous vehicle platform and their immediate system neighbors. Our work ranges from system boot to OS configuration to hardware/software interfaces for the company’s higher level software. As the Technical Lead for the Vehicle Interfaces team, you’re the bridge between the autonomy software above and the automotive/hardware layers below. You’ll drive the software architecture that allows the autonomy stack to be independent of the OEM-specific vehicle interface and support system-wide functions such as software deployment.
What you’ll do:
- Build the vehicle interfaces engineering team
- Design the abstraction layers & control interfaces necessary to separate autonomy from the underlying vehicle platform
- Architect HW component and vehicle monitoring solutions
- Develop strategies to manage different hardware configurations and vehicle control schemes
- Work with OEM partners to fully describe the functional areas covered by the Argo/vehicle interface - vehicle control & instrumentation, cabin control, event/alert handling, remote guidance and monitoring
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Significant experience developing and testing complex embedded systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, datacom/telecom, or similar industries (5+ years)
- Experience leading a software engineering team, especially in areas requiring knowledge across multiple technical disciplines
- C/C++ programming skills
- Experience with Linux development environments
- Familiarity with Linux device drivers and lower level comms interfaces (CAN, SPI, I2C, general GPIO use)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with vehicle control loops
- Exposure to automotive industry software interface & safety standards
- Familiarity with automotive diagnostic interfaces
- Experience with hardware and platform abstraction layers, especially for robotics or autonomous vehicle systems
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.