Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
We are creating a team to boost the productivity of our Autonomy software developers through world class development practices. This role will own the software development practice documents which spell out how requirements, designs, testing, and traceability are handled during software development. A core challenge is developing practices that are efficient for agile workflows, yet still effective for more traditional waterfall safety lifecycle activities. The role will involve close collaboration with Argo’s Systems Software Quality team within our Systems Engineering, Integration and Test organization. The Autonomy Software Processes team will also be responsible for developing and maintaining software tools which support the processes articulated by the practices documentation.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and build a team to identify and improve tools and processes to support autonomy software development
- Collaborate with engineering partners to understand the complexities of our system and ensure we have the right balance in our practices for supporting agile development needed for artificial intelligence systems while ensuring well founded design principles, decompositions and testing for a safety critical application
- Establish metrics and performance indicators for software development processes
- Build and maintain tools to realize steps within the software development process, such as automating the traceability between requirements, test plans, and analysis of test outcomes
- Provide thought leadership and a clearly articulated roadmap for evolving the software development practices documents, training materials and tools
- Develop and provide training to the software team on processes and safety critical development practices
- Lead the preparation of the autonomy software team for formal safety process audits
- Drive team growth and development through inclusive hiring, coaching and career development
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience managing and leading a small team of highly-technical contributors, including mentorship, direction-setting, performance evaluation, etc
- Experience in safety critical software design and implementation
- Experience working with software industry safety standards (ISO-26262, IEC-61508 or equivalent)
- Experience working with software industry process standards (ASPICE, CMMI or equivalent)
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.