Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Our team solves problems related to the geometric aspects of computer perception. Perception is key to obstacle avoidance, prediction of actor behavior, and planning the motion of the vehicle itself. Our team takes algorithms that allow the vehicle to reason about the world around it from the lab to the road - everything from reading and understanding the research literature to deployment of production-grade vision systems on the vehicle. Understanding a large unstructured world in real-time is essential to the success of any autonomous robotics program, and one of the most challenging and fulfilling aspects of the work here at Argo.
We’re looking for an expert in sensor fusion to lead a small team of talented engineers developing state-of-the-art multi-sensor vision systems for our autonomous vehicle platform. The ideal candidate has domain-relevant experience either as an engineer or a researcher and is comfortable bringing computer vision products from research to product.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of engineers to deliver state-of-the-art multi-sensor vision systems. Balance many complex constraints and a fundamentally ambiguous problem space to invent and productize critical-path solutions in fields like object detection and scene segmentation
- Work closely with upstream and downstream counterparts, maintain a healthy organization with happy and successful individual contributors, set the vision for your team, and manage day-to-day execution, while continuing to make significant technical contributions
- Your work will be essential to fielding some of the first autonomous vehicles in the world. You will have direct exposure to real world data and feedback, and work closely with a broader perception team - participating in literature reviews and taking algorithms from concept through to test tracks, simulation, and finally to public roads
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Significant experience with development of camera and depth-based (any of LiDAR, time-of-flight, stereo, etc) vision systems
- Experience managing and leading a small team of highly-technical contributors, including mentorship, direction-setting, performance evaluation, etc
- Significant experience with one or more of sensor fusion, depth estimation, camera calibration, segmentation, nonlinear optimization, or related
- Strong technical contributor in C++ or Python, ideally both
Nice to haves:
- Knowledgeable about the underlying hardware and behavior of vision sensors, such as cameras or LiDAR systems
- Experience with machine learning for computer vision
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.