Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Onboard Platforms team at Argo is responsible for developing and integrating complex, high-performance, and fail safe computing systems as part of our self-driving systems. Our team covers the Linux OS on our x86/ARM compute platforms and the networking infrastructure that connects components within the Argo Self Driving System. Our diverse multidisciplinary team interacts with software, hardware, and firmware teams across Argo, our OEM partners, and our supply base.
The Software Validation Engineer is a role in software development. The primary task is to develop Linux drivers and tooling on our x86 compute platforms to enable bringup and validation of hardware modules for the Argo Self Driving System. It is a hands-on role involving day to day direct interaction with our product, and has a wide cross functional team interface.
What you’ll do:
- Develop board-level and system-level functional verification software to comply with requirements from our OEM and manufacturing partners
- Work with our Hardware and Embedded Software teams to decompose requirements into implementations
- Support our manufacturing partners to integrate verification software into their manufacturing flow and troubleshoot issues
- Develop custom OS/bootloader configurations to support hardware verification tests
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 3+ years of experience working as embedded software / firmware engineer or software engineer in test
- Programming skills in C or C++
- Experience in software development for embedded devices
- Experience in low level communications interfaces and protocols, e.g. I2C, SPI, CAN, Ethernet, etcv
- Ability to understand hardware schematics, hardware/software interface specifications, verification and validation requirements and test plans
- Ability to troubleshoot issues to the component level
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Good in writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Demonstrated experience with embedded x86 platforms
Nice to haves:
- Hands-on experience with automotive projects and tools
- Python, Bash, or similar scripting capability
- Experience with Yocto or similar Linux distribution tools
- Experience in developing manufacturing software and understanding manufacturing processes in automotive or related fields is highly desired
- Experience with board level hardware validation is a strong plus
- Experience working with contract manufacturers
- Software/OS DFT DFM FMEA
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.