Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence: autonomous vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer vision to enable safe, accessible, efficient, and cost-effective transportation for all. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems toward a better world.
The core tracking team is responsible for developing and implementing algorithms for real-time scene understanding, by estimating a precise and temporally consistent representation of the local environment. The purpose of the Software Engineer role is to design and implement algorithms related to real time processing of sensor data and their fusion toward this goal. The role also involves quantitative analysis of algorithm performance, and the design and implementation of metrics and tools used for this evaluation. Candidates must be self-sufficient in designing solutions to open-ended problems. This includes the ability to understand the problem and design space, explore the literature, and evaluate its merits.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement efficient software solutions to practical challenges in autonomous vehicle object tracking
- Design and implement metrics and tools to measure and analyze feature performance
- Diagnose and fix issues that arise in the autonomous vehicle fleet
- Work closely with various sensor detection teams (lidar, camera, radar, etc.) and tracking customers (prediction and motion planning) to understand/communicate requirements, and facilitate cross-functional feature integration
- You will stay up to date with the state of the art in various perception fields and use this knowledge to help guide new features and architecture
- Your work will be essential to fielding a fleet of autonomous vehicles across multiple cities, and you will have direct exposure to real world data, feedback, and the satisfaction of having contributed to a state-of-the art autonomous vehicle
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong C++/Python coding skills for real-time applications
- Experience in the field of model-based estimation, probabilistic inference, and information/sensor fusion
- Strong problem solving skills and algorithm design experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience with production robots operating in uncontrolled, uncooperative environments
- Direct experience with Level 4 self-driving cars development
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.