Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Argo AI Engineering Integration Infrastructure engineers build and operate large-scale data-intensive applications for mission critical data.
Engineers on this team use their expertise in cloud computing, distributed systems, software architecture, application development, and reliability engineering to create robust systems capable of ingesting, processing, and utilizing PB scale data.
This team will work across the organization to build and scale processing systems for Argo’s autonomy and sensor manufacturing data.
What you’ll do:
- Design cloud-based distributed systems capable of ingesting and processing TBs to PBs of data from Argo’s vehicle operations, testing, and manufacturing processes
- Define and build robust release and deployment processes for mission critical services
- Ensure systems have excellent observability by instrumenting applications, and creating dashboards for monitoring and alerting
- Define Reliability Engineering processes and participate in support rotation
- Work across Argo’s Hardware and Software Engineering teams to define requirements
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience in using infrastructure as code to automate the creation of cloud resources. E.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation, or others
- Expertise with SQL, as well as storing and utilizing both structured and unstructured data
- Experience with microservice architectures running on Docker and Kubernetes in a production environment
- Strong experience with architecting/deploying scalable services and workloads in the cloud (AWS, GCP) and/or cloud native environments
- Understanding of REST and API specification languages (e.g. Open API 2.0/gRPC)
- Leverage and modify open source tools to meet unique requirements for internal teams, including but not limited to Kubernetes, Prometheus, Jaeger, FluentD, Istio, Envoy, CoreDNS, etcd, Flux, among others
Nice to haves:
- Experience using the Bazel build system
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.