Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
At Argo AI, we view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world.
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. So join us* for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building!
Meet the team:
The Onboard Infrastructure Test, Tools, and Methodologies team covers a broad range of critical functions for the success of Argo's self driving platform. These include a full range of activities ranging from architecture, tools, bringup, integration, and software test.
The Validation Firmware Engineer is a role in software development. The primary task is to design microcontroller firmware to enable bringup and validation of the hardware modules for the Argo Self Driving System. It is a hands-on role involving day to day direct interaction with our product, and has a wide cross functional team interface. You will understand how every sensor plays a part in making the system work.
What you’ll do:
- Develop board-level and system-level functional verification software to comply with requirements from our OEM and manufacturing partners
- Work with our Hardware and Embedded Software teams to decompose requirements into implementations
- Support our manufacturing partners to integrate verification software into their manufacturing flow and troubleshoot issues
What you'll need to succeed:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field. Must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship and for the semester following the internship (Fall 2022)
- A willingness to gain software engineering knowledge and expertise in C++
- Note: At this time, Argo AI is only able to support remote internships in the following states: CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, MA, MD, MI, NC, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA
- Ability to understand hardware schematics, hardware/software interface specifications, verification and validation requirements and test plans
- Ability to troubleshoot issues to the component level
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Good in writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
Nice to haves:
- Experience in software development for embedded devices
- Experience in low level communications interfaces and protocols, e.g. I2C, SPI, CAN, Ethernet, etc. Ideally, this experience includes handling devices at the metal
- Python, Bash, or similar scripting capability
- Experience in developing manufacturing software and understanding manufacturing processes in automotive or related fields is highly desired
- Demonstrated experience with tools like Lauterbach debugger, logic-analyzer, etc
- Demonstrated experience with Infineon Aurix or comparable MCUs
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.