Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
At Argo AI, we view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world.
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. So join us* for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building!
Meet the team:
The Argo Lidar team at Argo AI is responsible for building, testing and delivering Argo’s internal lidar. You will be working with a highly cross-functional team of systems, software, and hardware engineers. As a Hardware Test Intern on the Argo Lidar team, you will be responsible for developing tests and analyzing results to support the manufacturing of Argo’s self-driving system.
What you’ll do:
- Design software and hardware needed for manufacturing and functional testing of Argo Lidar electronics
- Support contract manufacturer and internal team with failure analysis and electrical debug on lidars
- Automate existing functional tests to improve production quality of electronics testing
- Work cross functionally with electrical hardware, software and firmware engineering teams
What you'll need to succeed:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field. Must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship and for the semester following the internship (Fall 2022)
- Programming experience in at least one language such as Python or C++
- Knowledge of software and associated frameworks in engineering/manufacturing environments for testing, verification/validation, change control, and/or configuration/release management
- Experience designing PCBs for high volume production environments
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Note: At this time, Argo AI is only able to support remote internships in the following states: CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, MA, MD, MI, NC, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in test & manufacturing environments for embedded systems, including automated testing
- A deep understanding of embedded systems fundamentals, including knowledge of protocols, interfaces, and software stacks commonly used in automotive, robotics, medical, or similar industries
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.