Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Argo AI Diagnostics and Fault Management Team is responsible for the software safety task which monitors the health of the various self-driving systems that make up the overall AV system as well as the vehicle platform, and determines the proper response to various fault and system messages. In conjunction with software implementation, Diagnostics and Fault Management ensures that the necessary tooling is in place to support traceability from system requirements through software test results. Members of this team work cross functionally with the software applications and infrastructure teams, vehicle hardware and firmware teams as well as with systems engineering. Members of this group are passionate about software systems safety and the control of complex machines while at the same time embracing the mission criticality of this component.
What you’ll do:
- Be a critical part of a team of 5 to 7 developers to implement the fault handling functions for Argo’s runtime system.
- Be a key contributor to the team’s code base
- Own development, implementation and unit test of key diagnostic functions within the overall framework of the AV software system
- Contribute to the development of traceability tools for software verification and validation
- Facilitate technical meetings with engineering teams, management and partners
- Establish engineering best practices, and participate in code/architecture reviews
- Work closely with other teams to ensure timely delivery of project goals
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment cross functionally with other teams and disciplines
- Strong fundamentals in applied computer science and related design patterns and algorithms
- Deep expertise in C++ and Python
- Experience in real-time systems programming, POSIX operating system interface, network applications communications, and performant multi-thread concurrency
- Good understanding of operating system architectures, especially related to Linux and RTOS
- Strong cross-team communication skills and very customer driven
- Excellent communication skills are required given our distributed and diverse team
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Comfortable working on software systems for the control of complex machinery
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.