Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
As Autonomous Vehicle Operator (AVO) you will be part of our global Operations team that is supporting the continuous development of our Autonomous Vehicle System (AVS). Our Vehicle Operators are responsible for operating our vehicles on public roads to validate system performance while ensuring safety for the communities we operate in.
If you celebrate time behind the wheel and feel comfortable working on a laptop in a moving car you can help us change the mobility of the future. Prior to getting behind the wheel you will undergo a rigorous training program where our Training Team will teach you about the underlying technology of Argo’s platforms as well as our operating procedures to ensure safety at all times. After the training you are ready to safely take it to the road as part of our Operations Team and begin supporting our continuous efforts to improve Argo’s autonomous vehicle software.
Be sure to check out our website to learn more about how you would play a key role in how we test!
What you’ll do:
- Work alongside your teammates and perform the duties of (AVS) operations from both the left seat (driving) and the right seat (co-driving) of Argo’s vehicles.
- Proactively scan and evaluate dynamic traffic environments while always remaining ready to disengage the autonomous driving function in the event the need arises or safety requires it.
- Deliver clear and concise communications when evaluating AVS performance while operating
- Documenting both the AV’s strengths and areas for improvement using Argo’s in-vehicle operating system.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities as Argo’s autonomous driving processes and practices evolve to account for continuing technological changes and development.
Note: This is a full-time position based in Neufahrn bei Freising.
What you'll need to succeed:
- valid EU driver's license (minimum of 3 years, excluding supervised driving period without any revocations), driving experience in Germany is a plus
- Detail oriented mindset with a focus on safety, honesty, and a strict adherence to Argo’s policies and procedures.
- Strong interest in autonomous vehicle technology
- Perform driving and/or co-driving duties in the AV for up to 8 hours/day (including break times)
- Ability to monitor software via laptop in a moving vehicle; type proficiently; and communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Undergo the detailed training program that educates and establishes expectations for manual driving fundamentals in autonomous vehicle operation.
- Desire to be a part of a fast paced, dynamic environment where adaptability and flexibility are essential.
- Must have a valid local driver’s license and the ability to meet and sustain Argo’s minimum driving requirements, which Argo evaluates at the hiring stage and periodically thereafter by conducting motor vehicle and criminal record background checks in accordance with applicable law.
- Work in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Graduation from a secondary school (or comparable, e.g. apprenticeship) with two years of employment experience required
- Advanced English speaking skills
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
The applicant is advised that as part of the pre-employment selection process, a medical and psychological examination will be conducted. This will determine medical/psychological suitability for the job as well as an alcohol/drug test. The applicant must pass these tests in order to actually be hired.
Information about the specific aptitude tests as well as the rights within the scope of data protection is provided in the respective process step.
By submitting his/her application, the applicant must confirm that the following applies to him/her
- there are no entries of 4 or more points in the Register of the Federal Motor Transport Authority (Fahreignungsregister des Kraftfahrtbundesamtes),
- there are no entries in the Register of the Federal Motor Transport Authority (Fahreignungsregister des Kraftfahrtbundesamtes), in connection with alcohol and drug consumption,
- there are no entries in the Register of the Federal Motor Transport Authority (Fahreignungsregister des Kraftfahrtbundesamtes), that have led to a driving ban of 2 months or more.
In the event that applicants with a residence outside of Germany apply, information of the respective register of the home country must be considered.