Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
As part of the expanding Legal Team, you will provide support to the technology-minded and growth-oriented Office of the General Counsel. Argo Legal Team’s goal is to deliver value to the business by focusing on speed of delivery, pragmatic application of law, and building relationships within the company.
What you’ll do:
- Provide legal advice to Argo in the areas of product law, including on product liability, product compliance, applicable national road and traffic regulations as well as national and European autonomous driving legislations
- Prepare presentations on various areas of law and internal policies and provide internal training to employees
- Research complex legal matters and provide legal guidance to the company
- Draft legal assessments on autonomous driving related legislation
- Advising and working closely with our engineering and safety departments
- Collaboration with external stakeholders and communication with public authorities
- Consider and manage legal risks and provide pragmatic and sustainable solutions on complex legal aspects
- Work and manage projects with cross-functional teams
- Coordination and steering of external law firms
- Represent the company externally and in court
What you'll need to succeed:
- Successful 1st and 2nd state examination
- Ideally you already have more then 3 years in-house experience in the legal department of a global company or in an international business law firm
- Entrepreneurial and strategic thinking and acting as well as through your technical and pronounced business understanding, self-organized, efficient, flexible, able to work independently and respond to unpredictable, often heavy and fast-paced workflows
- Able to manage multiple projects at once, prioritizing appropriately
- Able to take initiative to streamline processes and implement effective tracking systems
- Eager to learn and dive into fast-paced projects and environment
- Excellent communicator and strong team player
- Fluent in German and English
- Skilled with Gsuite/Microsoft Office
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.