Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence – self-driving vehicles. We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
As the Embedded Engineer you will help architect and build Software architecture, also being the module owner of one or multiple application components. Our diverse multidisciplinary team works closely with our System Engineering team, Firmware Application team, and Firmware Platform team, and system test teams, to make sure that all of the software components and platform work together flawlessly and have the highest Automotive quality.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop the software for Argo’s embedded systems.
- Contribute to the implementation of the real-time and safety critical safety functions.
- Be a key contributor to the team’s code base and ensure it is aligned with the needs of our customers and the highest quality bar.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure timely delivery of project goals.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Robotics or related field.
- +4 years of professional experience in software development for embedded devices.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Hands-on experience with real time operating systems.
- Experience in constrained compute environments and in optimizing performance.
- Knowledge of debugging tools and methods for embedded targets.
- General understanding of low-level communication protocols (e.g. I2C, SPI, CAN, etc.).
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing complex systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar.
- Hands-on experience with automotive projects and tools (Autosar, Infineon Aurix).
- Experience in safe software development (for example ISO-26262, IEC-61508, AUTOSAR, MISRA, and/or safety critical system design and best practices).
- Knowledge of Bazel, Python and tools for test automation.
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.