Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
This team is focused on leveraging new technologies and systems to meet the growing needs of our user base. You will leverage your experience in the web platform arena to deliver an enterprise class highly available platform to be leveraged by our communications team.
What you’ll do:
- Hands on technical manager to lead the team design and develop front end interfaces for website with full functionality
- Work with systems engineering team to build and deploy internal web site hosting solutions
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements.
- Closely work with branding/layout designer and team to implement needed functionality, style and look
- Create tools to monitor, analyze and report metrics on code quality and engineering practice
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS/ etc practices
- Build/Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Use your experience in logical design of systems, research and development, and hands-on configuration
- Cooperate with creative team and web designers to match visual design intent
- Mentor and manage a team by providing career growth and learning opportunities
- Develop and manage team projects and deliverables
What you'll need to succeed:
- 7+ years of management experience
- 7 - 10 years web services and development delivery experience
- Excellent communication skills and can effectively discuss technical issues with both technical and non-technical customers
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Experience designing, building, and managing web hosting platforms
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, web application development
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- ITIL experience desirable
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.