Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The perception works with various sensors to measure the environment and brings all of this information together to model the real world. It is fundamental for avoiding obstacles, predicting actor behavior, and planning the motion of the vehicle itself. The perception metris team evaluates the software stack, and provides critical feedback for the perception design and development.
This position focuses on algorithm development for the ground truth track generation with lidar, camera, and radar measurements. Different from on-vehicle tracking, the global tracking does not necessarily follow the causality, e.g., one can use measurements before and after to estimate the current state. The algorithms shall be used by labelers to improve efficiency for large-scale labeling operation. The position requires a mix of tracking, sensor fusion, computer vision, and machine learning expertise. A candidate should have strong software skills and have worked at least one technical field listed above.
What you’ll do:
- Work with various perception teams such as lidar, radar, camera, ML, sensor fusion, etc., to define the ground truth requirements
- Design geometric and machine learning based global tracking algorithms to extract ground truth from lidar, camera, and radar measurements
- Work with log and labeling teams to integrate algorithms into labeling tools
- Design and implement metrics to quantify ground truth performance against expectations
- Aggregate, visualize, and disseminate the metrics by building dashboards
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience on sensor data processing, i.e., lidar, camera, stereo, and radar
- Experience on perception and robotics, i.e., object detection, multiple object tracking, sensor fusion, trajectory inference & annotation, machine learning, graph, batch tracking. However, you are not required to be an expert in all areas
- 2+ years C++ experience
- 1+ years Python experience
- Strong technical communication skills
- Ability to design and deliver production quality software independently while incorporating advice given from review
Nice to haves:
- Masters or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience with machine learning at scale
- Experience working with SQL and Business Intelligence tools like Looker
- AWS and/or GCP experience
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.