Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
The Software Engineer II will support improvement and testing of firmware while ensuring that released firmware
images work as intended. This role includes documentation of tests and firmware to support verification of product
requirements including functional safety and security.
What you’ll do:
- Create infrastructure to support development of safety critical embedded software in self-driving systems;
- Deliver high-quality software tools used across our teams for verification, simulation, data analysis, and related
- Develop test and integration tools and infrastructure to support a variety of simulation and hardware-in-loop
- Develop Continuous integration (CI) pipelines for automating our firmware development, including test and
verification of safety-critical systems;
- Develop firmware to improve the diagnostic and test capabilities of embedded systems; and
- Ensure all release candidates are thoroughly tested on hardware.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Master of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
Robotics or a related field of study.
- Will also accept a Bachelor of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer
Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study together with two (2) years
of experience in a related occupation.
- Previous experience must have included:
- Experience programming in Python, C, or C++;
- Experience working with modern build and CI (continuous integration) systems incorporating automated test
- Experience with the devices used in embedded systems, including MCUs;
- Experience working with embedded systems that use FPGAs and SOCs;
- Experience with ISO-26262, and related safety critical system design best practices; and
- Experience creating tools to support design and verification of FPGA or ASIC designs.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.