Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Service Technicians are tasked with repairing the most challenging and time-sensitive problems that vehicles have when they arrive at the service department. Service Technicians also may spend much of their time diagnosing and repairing unusual problems, rather than conducting more routine vehicle service or simple repairs. Service Technicians are required to be the most knowledgeable personnel within the service department; often supporting and assisting engineers to solve complex problems. Service Technicians are also responsible for the daily workflow of the service department, including proper parts stocking levels..
What you’ll do:
- Conferring with engineers, test specialists and operators to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss the work to be performed and future repair requirements
- Inspecting vehicles to determine wear and extent of damage or malfunctions
- Testing and adjusting repaired systems to meet manufacturers' performance specifications
- Testing components and systems, using Argo AI and OEM diagnostic equipment
- Assisting in developing new test procedures and communicating them to the team in appropriate format including slide decks, sheets or documents
- Scheduling vehicles for service, receiving vehicle information and following all prescribed documentation procedures
- Understanding service request and translating that information into a work order so technicians can perform necessary work
- Match employees with specific tasks based on their skill or expertise, create and post work schedules and update workers about schedule changes and deadlines
- Estimating the time needed to do the repair, taking into account the vehicle’s schedule
- Handling vehicle complaints and maintaining high engineer and operator satisfaction standards
- Periodically checking on the progress of the vehicle during servicing and communicating when technicians discover additional problems
- Train and mentor new employees
What you'll need to succeed:
- Should have at least 8 years of experience as an automotive technician
- Demonstrate advanced diagnostic skills and problem solving techniques
- Required to not only understand and keep abreast of the federal, state, and local regulations that affect their operations, but also to comply with these regulations as well as hazardous waste disposal and OSHA Right-to-Know regulations and to provide necessary training on these regulations and ethical practices
- ASE Master Technician L1 preferred, but not required
- OEM Master Technician preferred, but not required
- Passion for new technology and continuing education
- Strong documentation skills
- Proper punctuation and grammar
- Basic computer skills
- Successful completion of an automotive training program in a National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)-certified high school or community college is preferred
- Professional certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) is preferred
- Focusing on the following coursework may be useful to those seeking a career in automotive service: mathematics, computers/electronics, automotive service and technology and courses that teach analytical skills
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
To ensure the health and well being of our teammates and partners, Argo is working toward a policy that requires those working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The amount of on-site work required for each role will vary based on the essential functions of the position and designations made by team leaders. Whenever possible, we try to consider special circumstances and provide flexibility for some remote work.
This role is designated as one that requires frequent on-site work. Candidates should expect to come into the workplace 5 days per week. A COVID-19 vaccination is required to come on site. Argo will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons or as otherwise required by applicable law.