Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Autonomy Systems and Safety Engineering team at Argo AI is responsible for developing systems & safety analysis, requirements, architecture, and prototypes of Core Autonomy functions and Fault Management Systems. This role is in the sub-team System & Safety Integration, which is responsible for developing software tools that support systems engineering to support, ex., simulations, requirements development, safety analyses. Software Developers for Systems Engineering (in short Systems Software Engineers) develop a variety of software tools and work with cross functional teams to help developing requirements or take essential design decisions. Systems Software Engineers also develop rapid prototypes related to a wide variety of autonomous vehicle functions, including: Perception, Planning, Fault Management Systems.
What you’ll do:
- Develop software tools to support system-level analyses and design decisions (essentially in python)
- Understand the needs of systems engineering in order to develop the tools in the most targeted manner
- Work with multiple engineering teams depending on the needs
- Develop simulations to support assessing our perception pipeline
- Turn early prototypical ideas into structured - yet pragmatic - designs
- Tackle new, non-standard, cross-functional challenges for which you will have to decompose the problems on the fly and drive them to completion even in the absence of standard methods or processes
- Potentially write requirements or support V&V plans
- Develop general understanding of autonomous systems, ex. Perception, Prediction, Motion Planning, and Motion Control systems.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Proficient in Python
- Knowledge of C++ or Simulink is a plus
- Strong ‘figure-it-out’ mentality when given complex and ambiguous tasks, requiring decisive & pragmatic engineering. You want to have an impact and you do not wait for a process to exist in order to have this impact.
- Flexible, adaptable mindset, open-minded: we try to solve a problem that has never been solved before. Multiple opinions exist on how to do so but nobody has the absolute truth until it is actually done: you know that and you embrace it, you are open to multiple perspectives
- Ability to develop rapid prototypes as well as product intent code
- Knowledge of systems engineering is a plus, if not at least an interest for it, ex. software engineering fundamentals with a “big picture” mindset
- Strong engineering communication skills, especially the ability to communicate complex engineering issues to a diverse teams with different engineering backgrounds
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.