Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
We are looking for the right individual to support our efforts in autonomy systems engineering. This role provides technical leadership for the team responsible for defining the systems analyses, architecture, and requirements for the SDS to satisfy performance and safety criteria. This includes candidates with knowledge on Autonomous Motion Planning, Motion Control, Perception, Localization, and Mapping systems.
Successful candidates will be able to step back and see the big picture of the autonomous vehicle system while also having the technical depth to be able to deep dive and review details within the safety architecture. Additionally, this individual will have strong leadership abilities and communication skills to gather consensus amongst the relevant stakeholders across the company and communicate findings and recommendations to the executive team in order to drive key, high impact decisions within Argo AI’s fast-paced autonomous vehicle program.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical leadership on the development of autonomy systems & safety architecture to support systems requirements, safety requirements, and safety of the intended functionality (SOTIF)
- Provide technical leadership on their assigned portion of the safety case regarding Product Safety
- Perform systems & safety analysis activities including use case analysis, scenario analysis, OEM interfaces, vehicle platform integration, safety & performance metrics, communication bus interfaces, and more
- Use a systems-level, data-driven approach to drive decision making
- Familiarity with autonomy systems, preferably autonomous driving including core functions such as Planning, Controls, Localization, etc
- Familiarity with Key Performance Indicators(KPIs) and Safety Performance Indicators(SPIs), particularly regarding autonomous systems
- “Figure it out” mentality when dealing with complex & ambiguous problems to solve
- Communicate effectively to make recommendations and drive consensus amongst all stakeholders (executive team, product, customer, engineering, test)
What you'll need to succeed:
- BS or MS Degree in Robotics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years experience in Autonomy Systems and Safety Critical Development
- 5+ years experience in motion control, autonomous vehicles, aerospace, automotive, or related mission critical fields
- Broad technical domain knowledge of autonomous vehicles or similar autonomous robotic systems
- Experience in seeing the full life cycle of a product from concept to validation to delivery and operation
- Knowledge of modern systems engineering techniques, tools and processes
- Strong communication skills and leadership abilities to work with cross-functional engineering teams and drive towards decisions.
- Knowledge of safety standards in any industry will be useful, especially ISO/DIS-21448(SOTIF)
What we offer you:
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.