Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Data Engineering team is part of the wider Analytics organization at Argo. It is responsible for highly critical software frameworks for data extraction and analysis as well as data integrations into our Data Warehouse. The team owns and drives the direction of how key data points and metrics move from our cars into the data warehouse and closely collaborates with the Autonomy teams. As a platform team, it is on a critical path for delivery of key workflows and processes and interacts directly with our customers and stakeholders. This is a high visibility role that will provide the opportunity to learn about, interact with, and add significant value to every part of our company supporting our goal of building safe and efficient self-driving vehicles.
What you’ll do:
- Work with stakeholders in the Autonomy, Operations and Systems Engineering teams to define data requirements
- Design, create and drive forwards the evolution of the Analytics Data Frameworks for log data extraction
- Design, build and operate scalable implementations of data integrations
- Drive and own our product and process changes in order to constantly evolve and deliver better performance for our customers
- Participate in agile development process from planning, estimation all the way to optimization, maintenance and support in a test- and monitoring-driven environment practicing CI/CD releases
- Investigate new approaches and technologies that can be leveraged for our next generation solutions
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Deep programming skills in object oriented or functional programming
- Proficiency developing software with Python (experience with C++ is also highly desirable)
- Professional experience with distributed systems and big data such as Spark, Hadoop, HBase
- Experience with Data Warehousing and data design
- Exposure to different DB flavours, DB optimization and SQL fluency
- Experience with any of the cloud based provider platforms
- Strong problem solving, analytical and OOP skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.