Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
At Argo AI, we view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world.
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. So join us* for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building!
What you’ll do:
As a facilities mintern, you will be working onsite daily to provide direct support, conduct facility walkthroughs, schedule repairs and maintenance needs, employee move activities, and respond to all requests in a timely fashion.
- Support office supplies and consumables program, including taking inventory, ordering supplies, replenishing and managing conference spaces
- Complete / document regularly scheduled facility maintenance walkthroughs, ensuring upkeep of space and cleanliness of kitchen and common areas. If needed, performs minor janitorial work including cleaning dishes and taking out trash
- Support Argo Safety Team Program planning/executing evacuation drills and provides required training as needed
- Support special events on-site, assisting with setup/teardown and additional components as requested
- Learn how to maintain up to date headcount and headcount projections, to support space planning initiatives, desk moves and additions
- Responsible for work tickets for Pittsburgh, ensuring that they are completed and closed in a timely fashion with excellent customer service and communication
- Assist with Shipping and Receiving operations, where applicable, including:
- Logging incoming items on the receive list
- Receiving, verifying and delivering packages to employees
- Preparing shipments
- Conducting inventory counts
- Tagging and logging tracked assets
- Perform light physical security duties as needed, including checking locks, etc
What you'll need to succeed:
- Pursuing a degree in hospitality, facilities management, or facilities coordination. Must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship and for the semester following the internship (Fall 2022)
- Exceptional, demonstrated customer service skills required
- Laser-focus on attention to detail to create a world-class work experience for Argo employees
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Availability to be onsite at Pittsburgh HQ in early mornings (beginning at 7:30am ET)
- Full- or part-time availability Monday-Friday
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.