Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world. We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Vehicle Interfaces, Integration and Test Team manages a wide variety of aspects related to Argo’s prototype vehicles. We own and execute vehicle design and integration in close collaboration with our OEM partner, and we make sure that the vehicle platform works as intended and is safe to use before handing prototype vehicles over to other teams and the fleet. Our first generation of autonomous ID. BUZZ prototypes was unveiled at the IAA mobility, and we are expecting a number of subsequent vehicle builds in the near future. We are therefore looking for a passionate and experienced program manager who manages a growing fleet of prototype vehicles and coordinates closely with a large number of vehicle users, our OEM partner and other internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Set up and drive overall vehicle tracking, vehicle allocation and vehicle logistics, including but not limited to the following stages:
- OEM/Argo pre-build and build activities, OEM bring-up activities
- Argo SDS end-of-line verification
- Vehicle shipping to/from various Argo sites
- Bring-up and release candidate test activities, including test track allocation
- Vehicle commissioning
- Vehicle repairs at Argo sites and at OEM sites
- Distribution to Argo’s development and fleet sites
- Close alignment with major prototype vehicle stakeholders, such as product development, program management, fleet operations, and product, in order to
- Agree on availability, prioritization and distribution of prototype vehicles during bringup and release candidate testing, and
- Ensure fleet vehicles are properly distributed across development sites (after fleet release)
- Vehicle platform issue tracking and coordination between OEM partner and internal teams
- Tracking of Argo SDS-related vehicle restrictions as well as OEM vehicle user restrictions with our OEM partner and involved Argo teams, including coordination of communication with Fleet Operations and Training Teams
- Maintaining, extending and adapting processes and documentation for vehicle tracking
- Lead/facilitate regular vehicle tracking and commissioning status meetings with all relevant stakeholders
- Generate reports on commissioning, vehicle issues, vehicle usage, etc
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Robotics, Physics, Computer Science or a similar field
- 5+ years of experience in management and coordination of most complex programs and projects
- Strong documentation and process management skills
- Ability to find the balance between ad-hoc execution and sustainable planning
- Analytical skills set to understand and resolve interdependencies between technical and non-technical teams
- Easy to approach and strong communication and presentation skills to interact with internal and external partners
- Creative mind to find compromises when confronted with competing priorities
- Willingness to travel to different work-locations nationally and internationally
- Fluent in English and German
Nice to haves:
- Background in the automotive industry
- Experienced using Jira & Confluence as well as project management tools
- Experience in working with battery electric vehicles
- Prior experience developing and/or integrating autonomous systems or robotic systems
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.