Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
We are looking for the right individual to support our efforts in core autonomy systems engineering. This role provides technical leadership for the team responsible for defining the systems analyses, architecture, and requirements for the SDS to satisfy performance and safety criteria. This includes a candidate with knowledge on Autonomous Motion Planning and Motion Control systems.
Successful candidates will be able to step back and see the big picture of the autonomous vehicle system while also having the technical depth to be able to deep dive and review details within the safety architecture. Additionally, this individual will have strong leadership abilities and communication skills to gather consensus amongst the relevant stakeholders across the company and communicate findings and recommendations to the executive team in order to drive key, high impact decisions within Argo AI’s fast-paced autonomous vehicle program.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical leadership on the development of the Motion Planning systems & safety architecture to support systems requirements, safety requirements, and safety of the intended function (SOTIF)
- Provide technical leadership on their assigned portion of the safety case regarding Product Safety
- Perform systems & safety analysis activities, including heavy focus on core functions such as Planning, and Motion Control. Includes use case analysis, scenario analysis, OEM interfaces, vehicle platform integration, safety & performance metrics, communication bus interfaces, and more
- Use a systems-level, data-driven approach to drive decision making
- Familiarity with autonomy systems, preferably autonomous driving including core functions such as Planning, Controls, Localization, etc
- Familiarity with KPIs and SPIs, particularly regarding autonomous systems
- “Figure it out” mentality when dealing with complex & ambiguous problems to solve
- Communicate effectively to make recommendations and drive consensus amongst all stakeholders (executive team, product, customer, engineering, test)
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 5+ years experience in Autonomy Systems and Safety Critical Development
- 5+ years experience in motion control, autonomous vehicles, aerospace, automotive, or related mission critical fields
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics, kinematics of motion (such as holonomic, non-holonomic and bicycle models), and actuation (braking, steering, and powertrain performance)
- Broad technical domain knowledge of autonomous vehicles or similar autonomous robotic systems
- Experience in seeing the full life cycle of a product from concept to validation to delivery and operation
- Knowledge of modern systems engineering techniques, tools and processes
- Strong communication skills and leadership abilities to work with cross-functional engineering teams and drive towards decisions
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.