Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Our team delivers solutions to camera-based perception problems on the autonomous vehicle platform. These problems include object detection, scene segmentation, and various classification and regression problems. Perception is key to obstacle avoidance, prediction of actor behavior, and planning the motion of the vehicle itself. Our team takes algorithms that allow the vehicle to reason about the world around it from the lab to the road - everything from reading and understanding the research literature to deployment of production-grade vision systems on the vehicle. Understanding a large, messy, unstructured world in real-time is essential to the success of any autonomous robotics program, and one of the most challenging and fulfilling aspects of the work here at Argo.
We’re looking for a talented senior-level machine learning engineer to join us. The ideal candidate should have experience building computer-vision-focused machine learning pipelines, controlling for all of precision, recall, computational performance, memory use, and multi-task tradeoffs. You should be comfortable reading papers, working on highly nontrivial problems without obvious solutions, and pushing the boundaries of the state of the art.
What you’ll do:
- Develop spatiotemporal machine learning models that capture behavior and state of scenes.
- Read the literature, look at raw data, design state-of-the-art solutions, and productize them all the way from lab through to the test track, and ultimately bring them to public roads.
- Act as a force multiplier across the team: use your experience to provide a voice of reason and knowledge, and identify opportunities for improvements that scale the engineering team further.
- Build relationships with upstream and downstream partners and work cross-functionally to deliver high-impact features that improve our perception system.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field.
- Expert-level machine learning knowledge and experience, with a successful track record of developing and deploying deep learning solutions using TensorFlow, PyTorch, or similar.
- Experience with camera-based systems and computer vision.
- Experience shipping computer vision software products to industry or consumers.
Nice to haves:
- Ph.D. with machine learning focus, or equivalent experience.
- Experience developing and deploying temporal computer vision models (for instance, video activity recognition or using multiple frames for improved results on other tasks).
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.