Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Our team delivers solutions to camera-based perception problems on the autonomous vehicle platform. These problems include object detection, scene segmentation, and various classification and regression problems. Perception is key to obstacle avoidance, prediction of actor behavior, and planning the motion of the vehicle itself. Our team takes algorithms that allow the vehicle to reason about the world around it from the lab to the road. Given the difficulty of this problem, it is essential to build solid metrics to understand how the system will perform. Metrics are used at every step of the development process from design to onboard integration, and they are a key enabler of the team’s success.
What you’ll do:
- Work within the Temporal Detection team to define and implement metrics that are used to evaluate system performance
- Work with vehicle logging and labeling teams to define ground truth reference
- Design metrics architectures and algorithms to quantify the performance against expectations
- Implement metrics in Python, C++, and SQL
- Aggregate, visualize, and disseminate metrics by building dashboards
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Ability to understand various perception concepts, i.e. object detection, object representation, and object dynamics evaluation, as well as machine learning and sensor fusion. However, you are not required to be an expert in those domains
- 2+ years C++ experience
- 2+ years Python experience
- Strong technical communication skills
- Ability to design and deliver production quality software independently while incorporating advice given from review
Nice to haves:
- Masters or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience with machine learning at scale
- Experience working with SQL and Business Intelligence tools like Looker, Qlik, or Tableau
- C++ experience
- Robotics experience.
- AWS and/or GCP experience
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.