Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
As the foundation of Argo AI engineering, the Software Factory team is poised to build the most productive engineering team in the world with an engineering system that scales. We build and develop the build system backend and frontend, infrastructure, CI and tooling that touches all phases and all aspects of software development: from source management to deploying to individual Autonomous Vehicles roaming around different cities, from distributed building/testing to orchestrating container based integration tests in the cloud, from customizing and installing OSs and firmware to building CLI and web services and applications.
At Software Factory, you will support the software engineering teams in consuming Open Source technologies, building upon them both upstream and in-house. In particular this means assisting with upstream contributions, determining the appropriate modes of collaboration, and ensuring best practices along the way. You will ensure license compliance and fulfillment of all Open Source license obligations integrated in a continuous delivery process. You closely work with the legal, cyber, and build system teams towards this goal.
What you’ll do:
- Building up strong Open-Source Software processes and analyze technologies to ensure fast development and compliant usage in our products
- Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcomes for development
- Design, own and develop highly scalable and available services for Development teams to run continuous compliance processes
- Understand a wide variety of development environments and tools such as Jenkins, GitHub, Cloud Platforms, etc
- Advise Development teams on implementation, configuration and integration of compliance software (BlackDuck, Whitesource, etc.)
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong OSS compliance background with 6+ years of professional experience
- Several years of hands-on, professional software development experience
- Passion about paramount engineering practices, automation, efficiency, quality, and developer happiness!
- Solid software engineering fundamentals and strong communication
Nice to haves:
- You love build tools (Bazel, BuildBarn, Cargo, etc.)
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes, especially for running GPU workloads
- You are familiar with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Familiarity with distributed systems development
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.