Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
The Staff Software Engineer is a senior role that will be responsible for developing test automation software for
verification of embedded systems in our autonomous vehicles, as well as software tooling and infrastructure to assist
verification and enable fast and efficient development of the embedded systems. Seniority is required as many of the
tasks are not necessarily well defined, and will require independent navigation of complex software systems.
What you’ll do:
- Architect and develop systems for building and deploying software targeting a variety of embedded devices;
- Develop test and integration tools and infrastructure to support a variety of simulation and hardware-in-loop
- Develop Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines for automating our embedded system development, including test and
verification of safety-critical systems;
- Drive the application of best practices to ensure code testability and health while increasing engineering throughput;
- Test automation script development and maintenance, such as would be found in continuous tests as well as system
- Tracking and management of issues seen by internal customers and Tier 1 partners (eg Flex/Veoneer/LGIT);
- Develop tools for use in hardware bringup and debug. Examples of this are ep-shell (or similar), and the python
scripts for flashing and deployment; and
- Drive the resolution of complex multi-module issues seen in both internal and external testing, as well as engage
necessary parties and coordinate as needed.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Master of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
Robotics or a related field of study, together with five (5) years of experience in a related occupation.
- Will also accep ta Bachelor of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study together with seven (7) years of experience in a related occupation.
- Previous employment must have included:
- At least five (5) years of experience in software development using Python and C/C++;
- Modern build and CI systems using containerization and container orchestration;
- Hardware-in-Loop systems;
- Software development for embedded devices (MCUs and FPGAs), including software release processes (testing
labeling, packaging, and release notes);
- ISO-26262, IEC-61508, and safety critical system design;
- Using and supporting lab test equipment, including device-under-test (DUT) processes, oscilloscopes and logic
- Full cycle product development experience on commercial devices, from initial architecture to post release
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.