Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
At Argo AI, we view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world.
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. So join us* for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building!
Meet the team:
LiDAR-based sensing serves as one of the key sensing modalities for building robust and capable L4 self-driving vehicles. Self-driving cars can use LiDAR data for localization, obstacle detection, and detecting actors in the environment. The Software Special Projects team develop perception algorithms spanning from deep learning to classical approaches, and from researching novel approaches to shipping production quality code to our fleet of AVs.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field. Must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship and for the semester following the internship (Fall 2022)
- Familiar with Python
- Familiar with segmentation, obstacle detection, and related 3D data processing problems
- Familiar with machine learning approaches including both classical and deep learning approaches
- Passion for solving challenging, impactful problems
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Note: At this time, Argo AI is only able to support remote internships in the following states: CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, MA, MD, MI, NC, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA
Nice to haves:
- Familiar with modern C++
- Experience with developing perception algorithms for AVs or robotic systems
- Experience with implementing real time, resource constrained perception algorithms
- History deploying perception algorithms to fielded robotic systems
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.