Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
At Argo AI, we view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world.
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. So join us* for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building!
What you’ll do:
- Depending on your skills and interests you will perform one or more of the following system:
- Define algorithmic requirements and analyze datasets for understanding performance of an automated vehicle’s perception, motion planning, prediction, localization or mapping systems
- Develop software and tools for understanding the behavior of an autonomous vehicle and characterizing its required performance
- Define system functional and performance requirements based on analysis, modeling and trade studies
- Define the required ‘design envelope’ of the operational design domain
- Decompose product level requirements onto a functional decomposition of an Autonomous vehicle - capture in a structured requirements database with traceability
- Review and ensure that issues observed in the field have sufficient requirements coverage
- Work cross functionally with software, hardware, safety and test teams to ensure that the work products created are acceptable to all stakeholders
- Identify gaps in systems engineering processes and contribute towards the improvement of the same via proposals, documentation and reviews
What you'll need to succeed:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field. Must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship and for the semester following the internship (Fall 2022)
- Experience and/or coursework in a relevant technical area (electrical engineering, software development, etc)
- Software language skills such as C++ and Python along with knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Experience or coursework in at least two of the following: differential calculus, kinematics and dynamics, statistics and estimation, constrained optimization, computer vision, image processing, vehicle dynamics, model predictive control, mapping algorithms,
- Bonus skills: Systems Engineering fundamentals and requirements writing
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce.
- Proven self-starter mindset and the ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Understanding of basic functionality for robotics and/or autonomous systems
- Note: At this time, Argo AI is only able to support remote internships in the following states: CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, MA, MD, MI, NC, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.