Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Test Autonomy - Structured Test team focuses on Autonomous Vehicle design validation testing in a closed course environment. The team designs and executes tests and fabricates test assets for targeted testing of Autonomous Vehicle functional areas. The primary purpose of Structured Testing on the closed course is to physically simulate corner cases and understand Autonomous Vehicle behavior at the edge of performance.
What you’ll do:
- Planning, scheduling and executing structured tests
- Collaboration across multiple teams to coordinate resources for testing
- Gathering results and processing data after testing
- Delivering detailed reports from testing to engineering teams
- Make suggestions for continued process improvements
- Mentoring junior team members
What you'll need to succeed:
- Associate’s Degree and/or 2 years of experience in a testing environment
- Comprehension of complex test designs
- Ability to work with specialized hardware or test fixtures
- Desire to operate an autonomous vehicle on a closed course and public roadways
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to sustain Argo’s minimum driving requirements. This will be evaluated at the hiring stage and periodically thereafter by conducting motor vehicle and criminal record background checks in accordance with applicable law
- This position may be subject to additional screenings conducted by third party partners
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor's Degree in technical focus
- Experience with ticketing system (JIRA or similar)
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.