Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Autonomy Production is responsible for the development and management of Argo’s simulation dataset as well as triaging and reporting on changes in the autonomous vehicle’s (AV’s) software. The team provides developers with trends and reports that greatly influence the development of the self driving system (SDS). As an Autonomy Production Analyst you will develop a comprehensive understanding of how to effectively identify suboptimal vehicle behavior in a simulated environment. This includes both triaging issues discovered on public roads as well as hand-crafting re-testable simulation scenarios to recreate select issues. Having the ability to understand the nuances and caveats of the vehicles’ behavior will be key to your success.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with team members to learn the self driving system (autonomous system functionality, subsystem behavior, error messages, etc.,)
- Identify issues in autonomous data by using engineering tools to analyze logged sensory input (lidar, radar, etc.)
- Document the issue by logging its context and observable cause
- Transform engineering requirements and edge case events into into simulation scenarios
- Work in an operational but fast-paced environment emphasizing your attention to detail
- May contribute towards applying statistical methods to support high quality and meaningful data analyses
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong analytical skills to assess the cause, impact, and severity of issues
- Strong attention to detail with repetitive tasks
- Strong communication skills to work with other team members
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Interest and desire to work in the autonomous vehicle industry
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a software/IT or engineering environment
- Experience working with SQL and or NoSQL database technologies
- Experience applying statistical methods to data analysis and report development
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. Argo will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons or as otherwise required by applicable law.