Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
At Argo AI, the Overwatch team is building the next-generation of cloud and AV software that monitors, manages, and maintains every autonomous vehicle across multiple metros in the US and Germany. More specifically, we are responsible for -
- Transportation as a Service (TaaS) APIs for partner engagements
- Mission Control for all autonomous vehicles
- Remote Operations including remote-guidance and remote-troubleshooting for autonomous vehicles
- Service Infrastructure - common services providing a great foundation for all cloud services across the entire company.
- Ride-hailing mobile apps - in iOS and Android - showcasing our core product end-to-end.
- Fleet operations management
We believe in a few good developers building a solid, high-quality product.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain tools to gather actionable insights into autonomous vehicle mobile connectivity
- Analyze data from various sources and apply this knowledge to gain a very good understanding of vehicle connectivity.
- Collect and debug network traffic data using packet capture tooling
- Optimize network stack to be performant and reliable over cellular links
- Enhance the robustness and resiliency of features that rely on cellular connectivity
- Collaborate with cloud service developers and autonomous vehicle developers to guide them on features needing cellular connectivity
- Design and develop network communication components interacting with other parts of the system
- Drive and perform best engineering practices to initiate, plan and execute large-scale, cross-team critical programs
- Interact with cross-geographical teams
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in analyzing cellular connectivity issues
- Fundamental understanding of network OSI model and full stack
- Knowledge of Cellular networks & performance characteristics
- Prior experience with GSM and CDMA based systems at scale
- Solid understanding in networking protocols, modems, routers and distributed systems
- Experience coding and debug low level network stack in C++
- Nice to have - experience with/exposure to real-time video streaming
- Strong cross-team communication skills and very customer driven
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.