Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
At Argo AI, we view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world.
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. So join us* for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building!
Meet the team:
Mechanical Engineering Interns at Argo AI will be responsible for research, design, development, test qualification, and deployment of automotive robotics hardware for Argo AI products. The Vehicle Interfaces team is responsible for leading the packaging of autonomous vehicle hardware on the vehicle platform. Current opportunities on the team include work on component positioning, structural integration, cooling systems, cleaning systems, and more. The team places a strong emphasis on validation and verification in all areas.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute verification and validation methods for new systems
- Design components and systems for integration of sensors and compute modules onto vehicle platforms
- Perform testing and data collections to validate concepts and systems
- Analyze test results to characterize system performance
- Optimize processes to improve team efficiency
What you'll need to succeed:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field. Must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship and for the semester following the internship (Fall 2022)
- Proficiency in the engineering process including developing design requirements, conducting trade studies, and developing prototype designs
- Experience designing mechanical parts and assemblies
- Experience in conducting verification/validation testing and debugging design failures
- Experience with 3D design tools such as SolidWorks, Catia, or other CAD tools
- We operate as a team, so good teamwork and communication skills with a diverse team are essential
- Note: At this time, Argo AI is only able to support remote internships in the following states: CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, MA, MD, MI, NC, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA
Nice to haves:
- FEA experience with Ansys
- CFD experience with Ansys
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.