Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
This role will be the key person for desktop and user support areas within the IT Technical Operations team. The support scope of this position includes, but is not limited to, G-Suite, Linux, macOS, iOS, Chrome OS, Windows, desktop, laptops and printers.
This is a six month contract position.
What you’ll do:
- Support the user community via service desk tickets, walk up, email and chat
- Ensure that all requests from users are logged and escalation procedures are followed
- Manage user accounts
- Manage desktop/software assets
- Assist Network Operations team with troubleshooting of network issues
- Assist Network Engineering team with deployment of network devices
- Install, move, add and change user desktops, laptops and tablets
- Identify, investigate and research user questions and problems as well as isolate, resolve or escalate information systems problems
- Install and configure Linux desktop computer system hardware and software (including operating system and applications software)
- Install and configure printers and various network connected equipment
- Develop technical guidelines and document processes for desktop support area
- Coordinate special projects and system upgrades
- Brief customers and/or management on the status of the resolution efforts
- Take ownership of production related incidents including communications, escalations and follow-up for root cause analysis
- Work closely with other members of the department on corporate initiatives
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines
What you'll need to succeed:
- Proven strong analytical and problem solving skills
- 3+ years of IT desktop support experience for Ubuntu Linux, Apple MacOS
- 5+ years of overall IT support experience
- Strong familiarity with G-Suite, Zoom, Slack and other collaboration platforms
- Experience with automated desktop deployments using modern configuration management systems
- Advanced understanding of Wired and Wireless Networking concepts, general troubleshooting steps and network tools
- JIRA, JAMF, Okta, Zoom and Splunk experience is desirable
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and multi-task in an environment of changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and coordinate across geographically distributed teams
- Proven resourcefulness, creativity and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced support role
- IP networking and subnetting knowledge
- Basic knowledge of networking technology and troubleshooting
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.