Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
At Argo AI, we view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world.
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. So join us* for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building!
Meet the team:
We are looking for a highly motivated and technically deep Technical Program Manager (TPM) intern to join our team. TPMs develop, constantly maintain, and work on Argo’s org-level program plans to deliver and integrate our self-driving technology into our partner’s vehicles. As a part of this mission, the TPM Team facilitates interactions with our partner and top-level teams at Argo regularly. Candidates for this role must be technically strong enough to work cross-functionally with Software, Hardware and Test teams. They will focus on projects that work towards the launch with our OEM such as the implementation of new features and capabilities, creation of program targets and objectives, and planning that supports development in new cities.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Systems Engineering and Test teams to develop and optimize short term and long term plan for work that is needed to align with Argo’s overall goals
- Work with Autonomous Vehicle software and hardware teams to develop and optimize timing requirements, objectives, test plans and interdependencies with activities such as, but not limited to: perception, machine learning, simulation, tracking, hardware, systems, and infrastructure
- Develop detailed implementation plans, maintain alignment, and monitor program status across multiple activities to reduce or remove dependencies
- Ensure timely delivery of systems engineering artifacts like requirements, DFMEAs, block diagrams, etc for implementing system capabilities on each HW generation according to an evolving, and faced-paced, program schedule
- Maintain a strong technical understanding of the entirety of the program across the entire lifecycle
- Interface regularly with highly-technical team leads, program managers, and Argo AI’s partners
What you'll need to succeed:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field. Must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship and for the semester following the internship
- Strong technical, analytical and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Help provide hands on program management during various phases of development
- Help drive process improvements across multiple areas and teams
- Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Passion for solving challenging, impactful problems
- Has shown ability to own projects to successful completion and working in a fast paced environment
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Note: At this time, Argo AI is only able to support remote internships in the following states: CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, MA, MD, MI, NC, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA
Nice to haves:
- List of things we prefer our ideal candidates have experience with:
- Robotics or safety critical system experience
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.