Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Our team enables scalable mapping algorithms by leveraging computer vision, deep learning techniques and data engineering.
Autonomous vehicles rely on high-definition maps to operate safely. Our team ensures that the creation of high-definition maps can be automated to the fullest extent possible by extracting semantic and geometric information from multi-modal raw, unlabelled data and organizing it into more abstract entities.
We are seeking hands-on candidates who have a mix of computer vision, deep learning, and sensor fusion expertise. We are looking for practitioners who will be deep in code, and are technically strong in software and strong in applied machine learning and 3D vision algorithms. Candidates need not have worked on self-driving applications.
What you’ll do:
- Create scalable and novel ways to automating mapping using machine learning, computer vision and/or sensor fusion
- Develop approaches for reconstructing graphs and semantic entities from image and LIDAR data
- Develop approaches for map change detection
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing approaches and build metrics that guide decision making
- Build relationships with upstream and downstream partners and work cross-functionally to deliver high-impact features that meaningfully improve our overall ecosystem
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics , Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- Strong software engineering skills and a willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and/or Python
- Strong theoretical and applied knowledge of detection algorithms, machine learning, computer vision, classification, scene understanding, and object tracking
- Familiarity with Tensorflow, PyTorch or other similar packages
Nice to haves:
- Ph.D. with deep learning focus, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with graph neural networks.
- Experience with 3D sensor fusion, particular between images and lidar.
- Hands-on experience deploying real products on the cloud.
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.