Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Our team delivers solutions to camera-based perception problems on the autonomous vehicle platform. These problems include object detection, scene segmentation, and various classification and regression problems. Perception is key to obstacle avoidance, prediction of actor behavior, and planning the motion of the vehicle itself. Our team takes algorithms that allow the vehicle to reason about the world around it from the lab to the road - everything from reading and understanding the research literature to deployment of production-grade vision systems on the vehicle. Understanding a large, messy, unstructured world in real-time is essential to the success of any autonomous robotics program, and one of the most challenging and fulfilling aspects of the work here at Argo.
The ideal candidate should have experience building computer-vision-focused machine learning pipelines, controlling for all of precision, recall, computational performance, memory use, and multi-task tradeoffs. You should be comfortable reading and implementing papers, working on highly nontrivial problems without obvious solutions, and pushing the boundaries of the state of the art.
What you’ll do:
- Create efficient and novel ways to solve spatio-temporal perception tasks using machine learning, using a variety of sensor modalities
- Implement efficient models and algorithms that will run on the vehicle
- Gather requirements and drive architectural design of end-to-end features in the autonomous vehicle
- Identify gaps in research literature and work with researchers and internal parties to find applicable technical solutions
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software engineering skills and a willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and/or Python
- Strong theoretical and applied knowledge of detection algorithms, machine learning, computer vision, classification, scene understanding, and object tracking
- Familiarity with Tensorflow, PyTorch or other similar packages
Nice to haves:
- Ph.D. with deep learning focus, or equivalent experience
- Experience with resource-constrained deep learning for robotic applications
- Experience with 3D depth reconstruction, low-level sensor fusion and stereo imaging
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.