Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Argo Vehicle Integration team ensures an efficient integration of the Argo self-driving system hardware components in our OEM partner’s vehicles. Our diverse multidisciplinary team works closely with our OEM partners as well as hardware, software and fleet operations teams across Argo. The team’s responsibilities include a variety of vehicle-related tasks such as defining and executing end-of-line test plans, self driving system and vehicle platform troubleshooting, test asset development and support of mechanical as well as thermal vehicle design verification.
What you’ll do:
- Work with hardware and software engineers to ensure components of the self-driving system are properly integrated into the vehicle platform including: computers and networking devices; lidar, radar, camera, inertial sensors; actuators, cooling-, cleaning-, and power distribution systems
- Interpret electrical and mechanical schematics/drawings to ensure appropriate installations and design considerations
- Work with systems, hardware, and software engineers to develop and perform vehicle end-of-line functional checks at different locations
- Develop procedures for flashing various firmware, software, and configuration files
- Take over responsibility for the configuration and troubleshooting of the main SDS compute units
- Utilize diagnostic tools to troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise during prototype and pre-production builds directly at the cars
- Maintain Argo’s high standards and commitment to safe, effective, and efficient testing & integration
- Closely collaborate and communicate with our OEM partner to gather requirements, and establish new test & integration strategies and processes
- Document and present your work results to internal and external stakeholders
- Actively participate to design and develop a product that is scalable and ready for mass production
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Aerospace or a similar field
- 3+ years of experience in an applicable engineering position with integration responsibilities
- Experience in working with sensors and compute modules utilized in automotive, aerospace, or robotics
- Experience in testing and validating above mentioned components and validating system integration by using standard automotive debugging toolsets (e.g. Vector CANoe/CANalyzer, Wireshark, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Good understanding of a network stack (TCP/IP, OSI layers) and Experience in configuring and debugging networks on switches and hosts
- Proven experience in working in a big project with a large code base and experience in software development
- Experience with Linux operating system and Shell
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, including a systematic approach to determining root causes, implementing solutions, and documenting results
- Experience and knowledge of using Jira & Confluence and version control systems such as GIT
- Fluent English, in speaking and writing
- Willingness and commitment to travel to different work-locations
Nice to haves:
- Background in automotive industry
- Background in working with Hardware in the loop and correlating test environments
- Experience creating and maintaining electrical schematics
- Prior experience developing and/or integrating autonomous systems or robotic systems
- Experience in working with battery electric vehicles
- Good communication and presentation skills and willingness to talk to internal and external partners
- Fluent German is considered a plus
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.