Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Firmware Engineering team at Argo AI is responsible for the overall development of safety-critical software and firmware in our self-driving system. As an Embedded Systems Engineer, you will work with hardware and software engineers to design, document, and verify software and firmware used in Argo’s sensing systems. We’re looking for someone who excels at bridging gaps between systems, hardware, and software engineering disciplines.
What you’ll do:
- Support development of complex sensing systems used in self-driving vehicles
- Create documentation for embedded sensing systems describing concept of operations, methods, and architectures
- Hands-on development of engineering work products including requirements, specifications, and verification plans
- Drive best practices for systems and software engineering processes
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Significant experience in one of the following domains: signal processing, embedded software, electronics design, FPGA/ASIC development
- Strong understanding of system engineering life cycles in automotive or similar industries, including requirements development, specifications, and verification/validation plans
- Experience authoring technical documents and work products necessary to design, implement, and test complex embedded systems
- Software development experience in least one language (Python, C, C++)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with ISO-26262, IEC-61508, or related safety-critical system design best practices
- Ability to decipher schematics, datasheets, and related hardware engineering work products
- Experience with automotive software development including AUTOSAR frameworks
- Experience developing software for heterogeneous computing architectures (MCUs, SoCs, and/or FPGAs)
- Experience supporting verification & validation and related documentation
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.