Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Meet the Autonomy Runtime Team. We build the backbone and support system for cars that drive themselves, and the services that autonomy software requires in order to operate. Our work ranges from core serialization and communications infrastructure, to process lifetime management, to the health and safety monitor framework, to high-speed/high-volume data logging, to efficiency optimizations, and more. Our work provides stimulating opportunities to work on some of the most challenging infrastructural problems in the world, on one of the most notable technologies in history.
What you’ll do:
- Combine your knowledge of modern C++ and the basics of file systems with sound engineering for building and debugging the onboard high-performance data logger under Linux
- Learn on the job as you take ownership of components like the onboard log transfer and ingestion system, the systems for ensuring the logger meets defined SLAs, or the framework for ensuring that the onboard logging ecosystem is meeting regulatory requirements
- Update the internal logger interfaces to improve unit testability
- Improve existing onboard applications to automatically request logging of key events
- Enjoy working with systems engineers, autonomy engineers, infrastructure engineers, simulation engineers, and embedded systems engineers to support all of the important use cases of the onboard logging system
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in engineering software solutions requiring OS interfaces/systems programming, file systems, and network programming
- 4+ years experience in modern C++ (11, 14, 17, or 20)
- 2+ years experience in Python
Nice to haves:
- 2+ years experience in cloud storage technologies
- 2+ years experience in microservices architectures
- 2+ years experience in Bazel
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.