Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Building a self-driving vehicle requires gathering a huge amount of data. At Argo AI we have a fleet of cars driving on city streets and recording everything the car does into vehicle logs. The Data Core team owns the infrastructure that is used to ingest, process, and store petabytes of autonomous vehicle data. As the fleet of Argo AVs grows, our team is responsible for making sure that the cars are able to transfer logs to the cloud in a way that is efficient and provides valuable data for our Autonomy engineers and data scientists.
What you’ll do:
- Join the Data Core team of developers to build Argo’s scalable data ingestion and processing systems. This involves a mix of edge computing installed in vehicle depots and AWS based systems.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the Data Core team and other related teams.
- Be a key contributor to the team’s code base, writing services in Python and Kotlin.
- Help meet the data ingestion scaling needs of an ever-growing fleet of autonomous vehicles in multiple cities.
- Collaborate with vehicle operations, autonomy integration, and development teams to implement key features to improve overall delivery of critical features to the AV.
This position can be based in Palo Alto, Pittsburgh, or for the right applicant remote within the US.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Solid experience with Python, Java/Kotlin, EMR/Spark, Linux, and/or C++.
- Experience with scaling cloud and on premise systems.
- Experience building highly available systems.
- Experience with front-end, back-end, services and big data technologies.
- Working knowledge of AWS, particularly S3 and EC2
- Good communication skills -- verbal and written -- are required given our distributed and diverse team.
Nice to haves:
- Working knowledge of GCP
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.