Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
About the training team:
The Training team is part of Argo’s Fleet Operations. This is where the rubber meets the road in public road testing of autonomous vehicles. Specifically, Road Testing is responsible for the safe, compliant, effective and efficient execution of all mission types to be executed on public roads. We as Training Team are responsible to transfer the skills and knowledge that Argo built to our new Test Specialists and train them to be able to execute daily operations on the highest level of professionalism. To ensure perfect and safe training conditions we use our Argo owned test tracks in Munich and Pittsburgh where we can simulate different driving scenarios based on our needs. We update our training program continuously based on the needs for efficient and effective testing of autonomous vehicles which depends on the progress we make with our software at Argo AI.
We are looking for a safety oriented and highly motivated AVS Training Associate to join our team and help us realize this vision.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with the autonomous vehicle operator training certification procedures on both public roads and in closed course settings
- Assist with training from training material to in car training
- Instruct trainees on compliance and meeting of all safety standards and expectations
- Provide in the moment feedback to autonomous vehicle operator trainees
- Demonstrate high level abilities in the safe operation of the autonomous vehicle
- Provide in-car assessments of manual driving fundamentals
- Provide in-car assessments of autonomous vehicle operations for pilot and co-pilot
What we’re looking for:
- Strong desire to teach and train people to bring the best out of them
- Have a passion to motivate, engage, and inspire people with various backgrounds
- Strong manual driving skills and driving judgement
- Detail oriented mindset with a focus on safety and procedure
- Strong desire to learn new skills related to technology and software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven experience in a training setting with the ability to conduct process and safety orientations
- At least 5 years of experience in driving with several sizes of vehicles with the class B driving license
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.