Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Our lidar team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode and laser products for other industries, and we are optimizing these technologies for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and offers performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars. For this position, we are seeking a Semiconductor Device Engineer who will regularly interface with cross-functional engineers to design avalanche photodiode arrays and improve their performance through design, analysis, and simulation.
What you’ll do:
- Design avalanche photodiode arrays
- Simulate semiconductor device physics to aid in design and analysis
- Analyze devices to improve performance, uniformity, and reliability
- Communicate designs and results to engineers across multiple disciplines
- Develop and release comprehensive documentation of designs
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Deep understanding of semiconductor device physics
- Experience in semiconductor device design and simulation
- Experience writing robust engineering documentation used by cross-functional teams
- Ability to distill and communicate complex results to a broad audience of colleagues
- Must be a US Persons only
Nice to haves:
- Hands-on experience with semiconductor device fabrication
- Experience with compound semiconductors
- Experience with optical and electrical testing of optoelectronic devices
- Industry experience in the full lifecycle of product development, from prototyping through transfer to contract manufacturing
- Experience with semiconductor process and/or device TCAD
- Experience with semiconductor device CAD
- Experience with Zemax OpticStudio, FRED or COMSOL Multiphysics
- Automation scripting experience, preferably in Python
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
To ensure the health and well being of our teammates and partners, Argo is working toward a policy that requires those working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The amount of on-site work required for each role will vary based on the essential functions of the position and designations made by team leaders. Whenever possible, we try to consider special circumstances and provide flexibility for some remote work.
This role is designated as one that requires frequent on-site work. Candidates should expect to come into the workplace 5 days per week. A COVID-19 vaccination is required to come on site. Argo will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons or as otherwise required by applicable law.