Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Onboard Platforms team deals with the primary processors on Argo’s autonomous vehicle platform and their immediate system neighbors. Our work ranges from system boot to OS configuration to hardware/software interfaces for the company’s higher level software. As a networking engineer within the team, you’ll be responsible for networking design, management of switch firmware/OS, and configuration of the PC and switch networking stacks. You’ll work with systems, hardware, and embedded software engineers to ensure that the internal network meets the needs of a high-performance sensing and compute platform.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with hardware engineers, software engineers and our operations team to build a world class autonomous vehicle
- Contribute and/or lead the networking design for the internal sensing and compute platform
- Assess, improve, and maintain the network health of the current and future autonomous vehicle platforms
- Design and implement the management/monitoring infrastructure for the internal network
- Work with vendors to integrate the build and deployment of switch software into the overall company release flow
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience developing and testing complex embedded systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, datacom/telecom, or similar industries
- Experience with configuration and optimization of the Linux networking stack
- Strong knowledge and applied skills in networking, including TCP/IP routing, layer 2 and layer 3 switching, quality of service, and general design/architecture
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience with Marvell or Broadcom switch chipsets - bringup, system configuration, and monitoring/management
- Familiarity with PTP/time-sensitive networking protocols
- Familiarity with secure boot
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.