Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
The Cyber Security team is focused on ensuring the resilience of our corporate environment with focus on protection of our corporate intellectual property and employee data. As the SecOps manager reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer, you will develop and drive strategy for security operations, including incident analysis and response, vulnerability management, firewall and network security, security architecture, SIEM, monitoring and alerting, as well as endpoint security. You will design and build a Security Operations Center from the ground up - a unique and exciting opportunity to create the SOC of the future! Argo is building technology of the future and our cyber security team needs to stay a step ahead of that!
What you’ll do:
- Create a 1-3-5 year strategic plan for Security Operations, coordinating on that strategy with the CISO
- Work with the CISO to assess security program maturity levels, identify and assess new threats, evaluate potential SaaS solutions, and set develop coordinated strategies according to product roadmap
- Manage the annual budget for SecOps
- Design, build, and maintain a world-class Security Operations Center (SOC) to provide 24/7/365 monitoring and alerting coverage of Argo’s corporate environment
- Create job descriptions for new positions and manage annual performance plans for the SecOps team
- Select and manage Argo’s external partners and vendors to scale our capabilities
- Provides guidance and leadership to the SecOps team for technology solutions related to the services that the team operates: Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention, SIEM, Endpoint Protection, etc
- Evaluate and respond to alerts and events from the security tools, including tuning of tool configuration to minimize false positives
- Develop event response documentation and processes for Security Operations Center to follow and appropriate escalation protocol
- Collaborate with governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation.
- Respond to customer inquiries around security related questions resulting from security tickets
- Serve as escalation point for security incidents and breaches
- Support incident response plans, procedures, and advise on steps to achieve incident response readiness (logging and monitoring configurations, triage and escalation procedures, wider stakeholder liaison, etc.)
- Track emerging security practices and contribute to building internal processes
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree
- 8+ years of cyber security experience with at least 3 years in a SOC environment
- Subject matter expert in several security technologies (depth) with ability to lead across enterprise security domains (breadth)
- Communication skills that show ability to move from high-level, executive awareness to deep technical details
- Ability to expertly collaborate across multiple disciplines and levels of the organization
- Ability to multitask with expert organizational skills in a fast-paced environment is a must
- Open-mindedness, creative thinking, willing to take calculated risks, and make informed decisions
- A sense of humor and unparalleled passion/energy
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
To ensure the health and well being of our teammates and partners, Argo is working toward a policy that requires those working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The amount of on-site work required for each role will vary based on the essential functions of the position and designations made by team leaders. Whenever possible, we try to consider special circumstances and provide flexibility for some remote work.
This role is designated as one that requires frequent on-site work. Candidates should expect to come into the workplace 5 days per week. A COVID-19 vaccination is required to come on site. Argo will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons or as otherwise required by applicable law.