Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
At Argo AI, we view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world.
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. So join us for a minimum length of six months. Start and end times can vary by role and are negotiable. Please check with your recruiter to discuss precise start and end dates accordingly.
Please note that the assigned workplace will be Munich for the time being. However, exceptions on case by case assessment are possible. In case COVID19 restrictions prevent us from hosting you onsite, internships will be conducted remotely. Nevertheless, due to tax purposes it is required to be based and registered in Germany during the employment. Any changes will be communicated to successful candidates in advance of their start date.
Meet the team:
Our Software Engineering Internship gives you an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, to develop scalable, distributed software systems, and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal. All of these require research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions.
What you’ll do:
- Build custom service infrastructure or high scale data processing systems in Kotlin, Java or Python
- Develop services with a multi-region strategy deployed on AWS to achieve 99.99+ availability
- Design Argo’s partner-facing APIs to communicate mapping, routing, and tracking data between autonomous vehicles and the cloud
- Design, build and operate Argo’s scalable data ingestion and processing systems in Java and Python to process the vehicle sensor and autonomy data that our autonomous vehicles collect. This involves a mix of edge computing installed in vehicle depots and AWS based systems
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship and for the semester following the internship
- Software Development skills in Java, Kotlin or Python for services, systems or tools development
- Experience building or working with REST or gRPC APIs
- Knowledge of cloud technologies including AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, EMR/Spark or Terraform
- Excellent communication skills are required given our distributed and diverse team
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation days
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups and quarterly team activities
- Corporate discounts
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.