Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
At Argo AI, we view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world.
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. So join us* for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building!
Meet the team:
Our Software Engineering Internship gives you an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, to develop scalable, distributed software systems, and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal. All of these require research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage web based languages and frameworks such as TypeScript, React, and D3.js to create streamlined interactive tooling for our mapping or machine learning teams
- Work with team members to establish novel approaches to visualizing 2D and 3D data
- Implement features using TypeScript
- Investigate new approaches and technologies that can be leveraged for next generation solutions
What you'll need to succeed:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field. Must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship and for the semester following the internship (Fall 2022).
- Strong mathematical skills, including linear algebra, numerical methods, and stochastic methods
- Passion for solving challenging, impactful problems
Nice to haves:
- Experienced in modern front end web application software development
- Strong problem solving, analytical and OOP skills.
- Strong communication skills are require
Note: At this time, Argo AI is only able to support remote internships in the following states: CA, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TX, VA, WA, and Washington DC.
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.