Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
At Argo AI, we view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world.
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. So join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building!
Meet the team:
The Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) - Platform Test team is responsible for performing subsystem and system level testing that exercises the various components of the self-driving vehicle, focusing on the integration of Argo self-driving technology with OEM platform technology and offboard infrastructure. This includes developing and executing test plans focused on vehicle interfaces, vehicle dynamics, environmental qualification, onboard/offboard communications, and fault propagation and mitigation. We interact on a daily basis with our systems, V&V, software, and hardware teams to test and provide feedback on their latest designs and ultimately qualify those designs as part of the release of Argo’s commercial product.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with a variety of software development teams to test algorithms at a system level, with a focus on interfaces between the self-driving system and the autonomous vehicle platform
- Develop unique test concepts to support a variety of autonomous vehicle functions
- Execute cross-functional tests with our OEM partners
- Support new vehicle platform bring-up and commissioning
- Work with software, hardware, and tools development engineers to develop specific test software, hardware, and instrumentation to allow for test execution
- Create test plans, perform data analysis, build test result packages, and provide justification for requirements verification to senior management
- Maintain Argo’s high standards and commitment to safe, effective, and efficient testing
What you'll need to succeed:
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field. Must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship and for the semester following the internship (Fall 2022)
- Passion for hands-on test execution
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
Nice to haves:
- Prefer software language skills including C, C++, and Python; Windows and Linux OS; Matlab
- Autonomy or robotics testing experience is preferred but not required
Note: At this time, Argo AI is only able to support remote internships in the following states: CA, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TX, VA, WA, and Washington DC.
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.